Located at Lat. 39.89862 / Long. -76.34236
Originally built by James C. Carpenter in 1856 for $2244. It was partially rebuilt by Edmund Gardner in 1938 and in 1973 by David Esh after flood damage. The county completely rebuilt it in 1992 several feet west of the original site and raised it 6 ft. to avoid future flood damage (cost: $350,000). At 170 ft. it is the county’s second longest single-span covered bridge still in use. Location: 1/4 mile south of Highway 324 on Fox Hollow Road in Martic Township.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"