Located at Lat. 40.1676 / Long. -76.2441
In 1849 this bridge was being built while tens of thousands of people were rushing to find gold in the California hills. The cost of the original bridge was $700, but the builder is unknown. Rebuilt by John G. Bowman in 1887 for $1744. It has received no major flood damage. Location: on Erb’s Road 3/4 mile north of Rothville on Picnic Woods Road in Warwick Twp.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"