Located at Lat. 40.01 / Long. -76.162
Originally built in 1844 by Robert Russell and Joseph Elliott for $1787. Rebuilt by James C. Carpenter in 1875 for $1860. One of only a few double-span, double-arch covered bridges left in the United States. Privately owned, it is no longer opened to traffic. Location: 1/4 mile south of Highway 30 on Ronks Road in Paradise Twp.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"