Located at Lat. 40.087 / Long. -76.248
Originally built in 1848 for $1988 by Joseph Russell with a double Burr Arch truss system. Rebuilt for $321,302 in 1973 after the rising waters from Hurricane Agnus lifted it off its abutments and carried it downstream. Its length of 180 ft. makes it the longest single-span covered bridge in the county. Location: 1/4 mile north of Hwy. 23 and Mondale Road and 1/4 mile west on Hunsecker Road in Upper Leacock Township.
*NOTE: The approaches to this bridge were washed out in flooding, September, 2011. Repairs are planned to be made.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"