Octoraro Creek West
Located at Lat. 39.89639 / Long. -76.0803
Originally built in 1878 for $2410, it is one of only two covered bridges known to be built by Samuel Stauffer. After its destruction by flood in 1985, the county rebuilt it for $75,000 and raised it three feet to avoid future flood damage. It is well worth the drive to see the surrounding fall colors. Location: 3 1/4 miles east of Quarryville, then 1 1/2 miles south on Mt. Pleasant Road in Bart Township.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"