The next Lancaster Roots and Blues, A Festival of Music will be February 6-7, 2015.
Lancaster Roots and Blues, A Festival of Music, solidifies the Red Rose city as the crossroads for music in the mid-Atlantic. 2015 will be the second annual festival featuring artists from around the USA and beyond and has no peer outside of Chicago or New Orleans.
Of course there will be Blues and Roots music. “Roots” (liberally defined by us) includes a variety of Americana music including Blues and Jazz, Folk and Soul, Rockabilly and a taste of New Orleans music, a smidgeon of Rock n' Roll and even a bit of Roots Reggae. These most human of sounds, rhythms and emotions go beyond definition to reach your roots and ease your blues!
The musicians scheduled to play at Lancaster Roots and Blues are masters of their craft. They can play! There will be no pre-recorded vocals, no Auto-tune; you won't hear Pop music and this is not to be confused with a Techno fest! These artists play music from the heart and with a whole lot of soul! For sure, if you want, you will be able to dance the night away.
There will be over 50 artists at various venues all within a few blocks of each other. The City of Lancaster is a National Historic District and the only entire city in the U.S. with that designation. It is a spectacular walking city with great bars and restaurants and features a vibrant arts and music scene.
The remarkable collection of venues for 2014 included:
* The Ware Center’s world-class performance spaces Steinman Hall and The Grand Salon.
* Lancaster's beautiful Convention Center at the Marriott on the Robert Johnson stage and the intimate Thaddeus Stevens Stage.
* Lancaster's newest performing arts venue, boutique and bar, Tellus 360, on two unique stages
* The venerable Chameleon Club on the main stage and also in the Lizard Lounge
* Lancaster's newest craft beer hall, The Federal Taphouse
Lancaster has dozens of restaurants within five blocks of downtown with choices for every taste and budget and several great downtown hotels. Lancaster is an easy drive or Amtrak ride away. Start planning your trip now!