Located at Lat. 40.012 / Long. -76.108
Originally built by James C. Carpenter in 1845 for $933. Rebuilt by Elias McMellen in 1893 for $2431. This bridge is sometimes referred to as the Paradise Bridge, but is incorrectly referred to as Leaman’s Place Bridge. Location: on Belmont Road 1/2 mile north of High-way 30 in Paradise Township.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"