Mid-August through the end of October - Saturdays, Sundays and Labor Day Monday "Reign" or Shine!
Named one of the Top 100 Events in North America by the American Bus Association, Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, invites you to live the excitement and adventure of her annual Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire of jousting knights and royal delights. Thirty-five acres of mirth and merriment await as hundreds of colorfully-costumed characters breathe life into an authentic recreation of a 16th century English Village complete with dozens upon dozens of authentic Tudor buildings. Musical performances, magic acts, fire-breathing stunts, puppet shows, Shakespearean plays and comical mud beggars are just a few of the many shows, over 90 stage shows daily, unfolding on 12 stages. Enjoy period foods, micro-brewed ales and sweet wines from 23 Royal Kitchens or shop from scores of Renaissance merchants.
For event dates and times, advance tickets and all of the glorious details, click through to our Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire website.
The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire is located on Route 72, 15 miles north of Lancaster, amidst the majestic gardens of Victorian Mount Hope Estate, place on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Government.
More Than Just The Renaissance Faire!
Many other events occur year round on the beautiful Fairgrounds, in the intimate theater rooms of Victorian Mount Hope Mansion and in the rustic Swashbuckler Brewery & Restaurant.
• Murder Mystery at Mount Hope (Friday and Saturday evenings in March) - Join us at Mount Hope for an interactive murder mystery where you will have the opportunity to interrogate the suspects, put the clues together and solve the crime. Discover "Murder at Mount Hope!"
• BrewFest at Mount Hope (May) - Come savor the suds from America's finest breweries. Sample and learn about the variety of beer styles, enjoy a buffet of pub favorites and dance to live, local bands.
• Great Pennsylvania FlavorFest (Memorial Day Weekend in May) - FlavorFest is serving up the perfect feast for the senses showcasing Pennsylvania's diverse culinary, beer and wine offerings against the backdrop of a summer-time festival complete with the finest in Pennsylvania artisan crafts and a mix of musical entertainment.
• Celtic Fling & Highland Games (Fourth weekend of June) - For one weekend only, the 35-acre Fairegrounds are filled with the music, foods and customs of the Celtic Nations including Highland Dance, Irish Step Dance, Bagpipe Bands and Highland Games.
• Blues & Brews (July) - Enjoy the tastes of Maryland with an all-you-can-eat menu featuring Chesapeake Hard Shell Crabs, Maryland Vegetable Crab Soup, Steamed Shrimp, Brisket, Pork Barbeque and more. Beers brewed on site and Mount Hope Winery's Sangria Punch and the Faire’s sugar-sweetened sodas will round out this enjoyable evening. While everyone eats their fill, they will be treated to non-stop music from with live bands. All the amazing food you want, unlimited drinks and great tunes for the cost of admission.
• Poe Evermore (November) - Inside gloomily lit, intimate theater rooms, Edgar Allan Poe and friends await to spin tales of mystery, horror and suspense that you will long remember evermore.
• Holiday Open House (Black Friday Weekend) - Welcome one and all to Mount Hope Estate’s Christmas Open House, Black Friday Weekend. Enjoy the decorated Victorian Mansion’s Holiday splendor, complimentary samplings of Mount Hope’s Wines and savory seasonal treats, shop with unique merchants and visit with Father Christmas to celebrate the start of the long awaited holiday season.
• A Dickens of a Christmas (November through December) - Delight in this fun-filled, turn-of-the-century Christmas celebration as Charles Dickens and a colorful cast of unforgettable characters have assembled to welcome you to the joyous festivities of a Holiday long ago.