Built by Elias McMellen in 1866 (cost unknown). Originally owned by John Oberholtzer, this bridge is variously known as Run Red Grist Mill Bridge and Red Bank Bridge. In 1961 a new concrete bridge was built and the creek rerouted to bypass the old covered bridge. It is privately owned and no longer open to traffic. The nearby campground has used it for church services in inclement weather. Location: 2 miles northwest of Terre Hill on Red Run Road in Earl Township.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"