Located at Lat. 40.172 / Long. -76.232
This bridge was originally built in 1847 for $600 (builder unknown), then rebuilt nine years later by Jacob Clare following extensive flood damage. Scheduled to be replaced with a concrete bridge in 1970, local residents negotiated its transfer to Manheim Borough's Veteran's Memorial Park near the high school in Manheim at a cost of $12,000. The bridge is open to pedestrians and cyclists.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"