Located at Lat. 40.13 / Long. -76.232
Built by Henry Zook in 1849 for $700, this bridge is also known as Wenger’s Mill Bridge. Flood waters from Hurricane Agnus rose 6 1/2 ft. above the bridge floor, but did not destroy the bridge. Since the floor is 11 ft. above the creek, one can imagine the amount of water that inundated the surrounding countryside. Location: 1/2 mile north of Highway 272 and Rose Hill Road on Log Cabin Road.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"